New Krystal Dental Hygiene Clinic Procedures during COVID-19 Pandemic June 2020
This protocol was developed in accordance with our governing bodies in order to reduce the transmission of Covid-19 and provide the optimal safety of all our patients and our staff.
As per the College of Dental Hygienist of BC (CDHBC), the College of Dental Surgeons of BC (CDSBC) and the Provincial Health Officer requirements:
All patients must complete the following forms:
Failure to meet the above will result in cancellation of the appointment. No exceptions.
A medical history update is required so we can assess your risk factors for treatment during the pandemic. Note: all team members are asked the same screening questions and have to measure temperature daily prior to coming into the office for Covid-19 symptoms as well as assessing their health risk. Anyone who is experiencing any flu-like symptoms will not be allowed to enter, this includes staff as well.
1. The patient will be contacted 48 hours prior to his/her dental hygiene appointment via phone, e-mail or text. If you are sick or display symptoms of Covid-19 such as: fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, post-nasal drip or loss of smell, please call us immediately so we can reschedule your appointment. Patients, caregivers or parents with these symptoms will not be admitted into our office.
2. Patients are asked to arrive on time for their appointment-not late or early! The door will be locked will not be open until we are ready for you. Upon your arrival to the office, we would request you to notify us of your arrival by texting or calling. No one other than the patient will be admitted into the office. If a caregiver or parent is needed, he or she must also fill out above pre-screening forms and sign a consent to be in the office.
3. Please wear a mask to your appointment, covering your nose and mouth. Do not remove your mask until instructed by the dental hygienist. If you don’t have a mask, we’ll provide one upon your arrival.
4. When you enter the office, the hand sanitizer will be provided and your temperature will be taken to ensure you don’t have a fever. If your temperature is greater than 37.5 C, you will be asked to leave and seek for medical attention. If your temperature is 37.5 C or less, please follow our dental hygienist instructions carefully.
5. Our reception area is disinfected after every check in and front desk has a plexiglass barrier. We only have 2 plastic chairs all separated by at least 2 meters for our patients.
6. Before your appointment starts you will be asked to rinse with an oral rinse for 30-60 seconds.
7. We are working at a limited capacity to be able to physical distance throughout the clinic.
8. We have Medical Grade Air-Purifying device MedEvac with multi-stage filtration system with MERV8 pleated pre-filters and medical grade HEPA filters to manage air quality in the clinic.
9. Our dental hygienists all have proper PPE items such as: gowns, gloves, masks, face shields, caps, glasses and dental loupes, high volume suction to be able to safely treat you during your appointment.
10. We have enhanced our infection control protocol for our dental instruments, equipment, treatment rooms and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, phones, chairs, doorknobs and buttons that may be touched.
11. Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
If you have any questions please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 778-855-7790.